Monday, April 14, 2008

Vero Profumo


For those of you who attended this weekend’s Sniffa Spring Fling, I would like to follow up my presentation of Vero Kern’s extraits de parfums. Many of you already know the admiration with which I hold this Swiss master perfumer and student of the esteemed Guy Robert. Her three extraits de parfums (Onda, Kiki and Rubj) provide for endless olfactory fascination. But unlike many niche perfumes, Kern’s actually work as “statement scents” not mere curiosities for me and my wrist. Having lived in that country of milk and mountains, I can say that her creations are most definitely not Swiss in conception or execution. They are very French but without the million-dollar advertising hype we associate with the great maisons de parfums.

Vero Kern’s creations are currently unavailable in the States. They can be purchased directly over her Web site, veroprofumo.com.

2 Comments:

Blogger chayaruchama said...

She is such an inspiration-

Gracious, vivacious, a perfectionist, and truly an artist worthy of the name...

I'm a huge fan-
Of both the woman, and her gifts.

April 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

thank you for the posting and the link -- I am now really wanting to try ...

so nice to see you last Sunday, you are very generous in sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm.

April 17, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home