Saturday, January 19, 2008

Vetivresse’s Top 10 d’Hiver


That’s winter, folks. Grey skies. A bright absence where the sun is supposed to be. The breeze somehow insinuating itself into even the skinniest pair of skinny jeans. And to cope with all that, 10 scents (thanks for the cue, Patty and March over at Perfume Posse). I hope not to betray too masculine a bent here, but florals in wintertime have never been my thing anyway. And, importantly, these are all available for sale in, or easy shipment to, America. So, without more ado, here they are:

  • Lalique Encre Noire
  • L’Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
  • Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac
  • Annick Goutal Sables
  • Creed Vintage Tabarôme
  • Vero Kern Onda
  • Caron Yatagan
  • Le Labo Patchouli 24
  • Comme des Garçons Series 2: Sequoia
  • Montale Aoud Cuir d’Arabie

Now for some hot tea. Which would you select? Signed “Curious in Williamsburg.”

3 Comments:

Blogger chayaruchama said...

Lovely list, V !
We enjoy many of the same....
Actually, all of them.

I'd add Le Labo Labdanum 18, Wild Hunt [ CB], Neil Morris' Dark Season, Dark Earth, Burnt Amber,
Spectral Violet, AL's Midnight Violet, Madame X, Liz Zorn's Solstice, Anya's Temple....

There are SO many.
Besides the usual- Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue,Tabac Blond, Knize Ten, L'Air du Desert Marocain,Cadjmere....

January 20, 2008 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Vetivresse said...

Chaya, yay! I'm delighted that you mention L'Heure Bleue, which only yesterday was I contemplating spraying my handkerchief with. And, yes, Labdanum 18, about which I am less enthusiastic (because I want it to be stranger somehow - like so many things in that line) but which I find is pleasant for cool-weather wear. Anya's Temple is STRANGE (that cola note) and appealing. I hope to write about it at some point.

January 21, 2008 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger The Bag Hag said...

I do so enjoy Timbuktu (L'artisan). And I really enjoy reading your blog :) You write so well!

December 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home