Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Gods


These last few days I've been pondering those great fragrances pour lui, which, for me, breathe a finer air than we mere mortals. In lieu of my “Ten Favorite Fall Scents,” here's some ambrosia for the men in the room:

  1. Christian Dior Eau Sauvage
  2. Monsieur de Givenchy
  3. Guerlain Vétiver
  4. Chanel Pour Monsieur
  5. Creed Green Irish Tweed
  6. Creed Vintage Tabarôme
  7. Knize Ten
  8. Hermès Equipage
  9. Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur
  10. Guerlain Derby

Wearing any (or all) of these is one of the rites of passage for the well-dressed man. As a high school junior I remember dabbing my neck with Pour Monsieur, as if adopting the rituals of the Establishment were a means toward undermining them. Little did I know then that I was playing with Promethean fire... And, yes, before the comments roll in, these are all eminently unisex.

3 Comments:

Blogger indieperfumes said...

The Guerlain Vetiver and the Creeds are among my favorites -- I wear them and if any man I knew was wearing them I would recognize a true kindred spirit...

November 10, 2007 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Vetivresse said...

Well, then you have a kindred spirit in me. Did I leave out any gods? I don't want to incur any divine wrath.

November 11, 2007 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Parfum said...

Heres an excellent list, let me echo the praise for Eau Sauvage, its brilliant! Ditto for the Chanel PM and the Creeds - since you asked if there are any other gods - I might suggest the following

Creed - Royal English Leather
Pikenz - Arrogance
Dunhill (original)

you know what, the list can go on so I'll just stop here :)

December 4, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home